Service Contact Details
21 Arnott Street, Horsham, Vic, 3400
Tel: 03 5381 9041
The Koori Hospital Liaison Officer:
- facilitates access and availability of appropriate health care services and preventative health programs for Koori people;
- ensures that the services received by individual Koori patients presenting for treatment are appropriate to their needs;
- ensures that individual Koori patients are aware of alternate options available to them with regard to treatment and other health related matters;
- serves as a resource person for clinical staff on Koori health issues;
- advises clinical staff on the special needs of Koori patients;
- promotes a holistic approach to health care that recognises environmental, economic and spiritual influences;
- liaises with other health care professionals regarding patient care issues; and
- ensures appropriate support services are in place for Koori clients on their discharge from hospital.
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The Warta-Tyerrang building is a dedicated space for the family and friends of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients to gather. It's a meeting space for families who are visiting loved ones in hospital.
The building will also be used to conduct classes targeted specifically at the needs of Indigenous Australians.
No Fees charged
This service is available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients and their families.